ECRI Institute, an independent trusted authority on healthcare practices and products, names eleven healthcare organizations as 2019 winners of its annual Healthcare Supply Chain Achievement Award. These awardees demonstrated excellence in overall spend management in their supply chain processes:
- Albany Medical Center*, Albany, NY
- Cambridge Health Alliance*, Cambridge, MA
- Cooperative Services of Florida, Inc., Fort Myers, FL
- Hospital Sisters Health System, Springfield, IL
- Inova Health System, Falls Church, VA
- Jackson Health System, Miami, FL
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, FL
- Universal Health Services, Inc., King of Prussia, PA
- WellStar Health System*, Marietta, GA
- Wheeling Hospital, Inc.*, Wheeling, WV
- Wyoming Medical Center, Casper, WY
*2018 award winners
“We applaud these organizations for strategically reducing costs without sacrificing quality and patient outcomes,” says Marcus Schabacker, MD, PhD, president and CEO, ECRI Institute.
More than 3,000 U.S. hospitals and health systems are members of ECRI Institute’s strategic sourcing programs. In the past twelve months, ECRI Institute has analyzed more than $38 billion in supply spend.
The Healthcare Supply Chain Achievement Award recognizes ECRI Institute’s PriceGuide™ and SELECTplus® members based on analysis of their utilization of services across the procurement lifecycle. ECRI evaluated candidates’ spend management and market analytics efforts for capital medical devices, supplies, physician preference items, service contracts, and reagents.
“This year’s winners stand out as supply chain leaders by using data analytics, best practices, and leadership engagement to manage procurement processes,” says Michael Argentieri, vice president of technology and safety, ECRI Institute.
For more information, visit the Supply Chain Achievement Award Winners Circle, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (610) 825-6000.