Carestream Health was awarded 43 new patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 2016 for innovation in radiography, cone beam CT imaging, healthcare IT, dental imaging and other areas. The company also received 52 additional patents in European and Asian countries last year.
“These patents demonstrate Carestream’s continued success in developing advanced imaging and healthcare IT technologies that serve providers around the world,” said Susan Parulski, Chief Patent Counsel, Carestream. “We are committed to delivering new products and services that can enhance image quality, deliver greater productivity and offer new capabilities to help improve quality of care.”
New patents earned by the company’s scientists and engineers include:
- New medical image capture technologies related to the development of cone beam computed tomography (CT) systems designed for orthopedic extremity imaging;
- Enhancements to Carestream’s portfolio of healthcare IT systems that manage, store and share patient data and medical imaging exams;
- Continued technology advances in Carestream’s growing portfolio of radiology systems;
- New technology and features for dental imaging, dental image processing and software and dental restoration systems; and
- Continued advancements in Carestream laser imagers that provide affordable output of digital X-ray exams onto medical film and paper.
The company’s product portfolio includes digital imaging systems for general radiology and specialty areas such as women’s health, orthopedics and pediatrics; digital laser imagers that output medical images to film and paper; and the latest healthcare IT solutions and cloud-based services for hospitals, clinics and physician practices.